Monday 24 February 2014

FAMILY

Promised myself to update about my Chinese New Year trip to Langkawi two weeks ago but I failed to do so.. Okay... Another promise to myself: Give myself a longer duration which is by this month, I have to update about Langkawi island already...

Yesterday went to watch a Malaysian CNY movie "The Journey" with my family... Beyond my expectation, this movie is still a hit after a month of CNY... The ticket for this movie is very x10 hard to buy... We bought the ticket two days beforehand... I didn't watch another Malaysia movie "Ah Beng: Missions Impossible" but I watched "The Journey" with my family because:

  1. There were good comments about this movie.. According to the newspaper   
     and Facebook, this movie has reached 1070 millions box offices, which made 
     it the best selling Malaysia movie
  2. My mother wanted to watch this movie..


This movie was funny at the same time it brings meanings and lessons to me... I liked the acting of Bee's father... His acting was natural although this uncle was randomly selected from Malaysians who went casting for this movie and this was his first time acting... My mother, sister and I cried when it came to touching and meaningful parts... Amazingly, my brothers like this movie too... However, my father yawned and felt sleepy while watching this movie ==

I learned: 

1. Chinese parents never express their love to their children.. They used to express their care and love through strict teaching and beating... Unlike Western parents who never hesitate or shy to express the words " I LOVE YOU" to their children, hug and even kiss them.. Although they rarely or even never behave like Western parents, it doesn't mean they do not love their children.. They love too but the difference is the method they express love.. This reminds me when I was small, I disliked my parents... I even doubted whether they are my real parents or foster parents because they beat me and scolded terribly when I did wrongly... However, as I grow older, I realised what they did to me when I was young were right... Because the teaching method they applied, shaped me into a better person...

2. Appreciate your parents... As they are getting older, it shows the lesser the time you will have with them... Try to spend more time for your parents... Don't spend much of your time for other things in your life.. You will have more time for those things later in your life...I love my parents so much and my siblings as well... I don't know why sometimes I will come across my mind about the life without my parents and when my siblings have their own family... Separation will happen and tears shed... I know one day this will happen even though I dislike "separation" of this family happens... Therefore, before this happens, I will make myself spend more time with them by having more Family Days with them and take down the happy moments with them by having more family pictures ><

3. Compromise doesn't mean you lose... Compromise means you are the one who care and appreciate this relationship most and it brings happiness to everyone... When I was a teenager, I fought a lot with my parents especially my father... Even if they were right, I tried to fight until they were speechless which showed mine victory... Again, as I grow older, I didn't fight with them anymore... In contrast, no matter they are right or wrong, I will agree with them to make them happier...

Is all about family... To me family is very very important... Unbreakable bond.. My parents had me before married... They were poor and immature enough to have a child but they chose to give birth to me, raised me up and educated me with their best efforts... I appreciated that... To my siblings, I hope that even though one day when they will have their own family, we will still keep in touch, going out frequently and laugh together to maintain our family bonding...


            ~I LOVE YOU MI, BA, WAIKIT, CELINE AND WAI HOONG~




No comments:

Post a Comment