Monday 10 February 2014

Story about CNY celebration

CNY is all about family gathering, travel and "angpau"... I had great and happy time for travelling and family gathering but I had less "angpau" this year because I didn't go to Ipoh this year to visit my relatives and to receive "angpau"... I spent more time traveled with my family...

A DAY BEFORE CNY/ "NIN SAM SAP"


It is a tradition to have reunion dinner with the paternal family a day before the actual CNY ... We had "lou sang" a must in reunion dinner... 

FIRST DAY/ "CHOR YAT"

I have to put this picture X-LARGE because I really like the family photo we had before we headed to my paternal parents' house... This was our first time to take family picture on the first day of CNY... I was the one who initiated this because as I grow older, I realized I have to appreciate the existence of my parents and the unity with my siblings... In this family picture, I liked my father's expression the most... His laugh was bright and cheerful... Forgive the unclear photo... I used my tab to take this photo... Below, my siblings knelt down in front of my mother to receive "angpau" from her... Our first time to have this custom... AND last but not least, the photo of the matching spouse in our family... 

*I LOVE MY FAMILY*

2nd DAY/ "CHOR YEE"


Went to my father's best friend's house to watch lion dance in his house in the morning... Is very hard to watch lion dance at housing area nowadays....



Then, we went to my paternal parents' house to have lunch and have a look at my aunt's first baby... This was my first time seeing him... He is cute and lovely...


Then, we went to Jusco to have a walk in the afternoon.. We saw lion dance performance there... My second lion dance show this year...

3rd DAY-5th DAY/ "CHOR SAM-SOR WU"

I went to Langkawi with my family, Ah Ling aunty and Orange uncle... Everything about this trip, I will blog about it tomorrow...

9th DAY/ "BAI TIN GONG"

This is a prayer to the most important and highest ranking God... It is also one of the most important ceremony for the Chinese... 

My sister cooked these lamb steaks for us as dinner.. I was impressed by my sister's cooking skill... The steaks were delicious...


Before the ceremony, my father was preparing the silver papers, joss and food on the table which these things were needed to worship the God...


Then, we burnt the papers and shouted "HUAT AH" which means prosperity... Prosperity is important to every Chinese...

That's the end of my 2014 CNY... Three words to describe this CNY = Fun + Happening + Lively












No comments:

Post a Comment