Thursday 11 July 2013

Hesitation

This morning was very down for me T.T I received a complaint from a mother of a 6-year-old girl.. She called to my supervisor and she said that the "teacher" (who was me) marked wrongly a sentence that was wrote by her..She said it was impossible for this sentence to be a wrong sentence because her daughter copied this sentence from text book.. The sentence that made by her was:

The pail is on the beach.
I marked it wrong and correct it with:

The pail is at the beach.

I checked her book and I told my supervisor, "Beach is a place, so shouldn't we put "at" instead of on?".. She asked me to check dictionary for confirmation.. I checked and I saw a sentence for the word "On" and I saw an example sentence for this word " The bank is on the river." OMG~~~ This means that the sentence she made was correct and I was the one who wrongly marked... I admitted my mistake and said sorry to my supervisor.. Very lucky.. My supervisor did not scold me instead she said parents nowadays are very fussy.. She told me to be careful next time.. 

After that time, I kept thinking of my mistake... I studied English for 13 years.. I am now studying a course specially in teaching English... In future, I maybe going to be an English teacher who is going to teach the future leaders.. Yet, I am not able to differentiate whether a simple statement made by a 6 years old student is wrong or right... Should I continue to take this course? Am I a qualified English teacher?

Be Happy Again ^^

I saw this picture from Running Man Facebook.. 



They are selling Running Man animal version Tee... I persuaded my siblings to buy but none of my siblings want to buy it... I persuaded my best friend to buy but she hesitated.. Haiz.. So sad.. But luckily I have my forever supporter, Mr.Tan.. I persuaded him to buy and he said yes immediately.. Tee without name tag is RM 29 while with name tag is RM 44.. I wanted to buy the tee with name tag because I felt nicer.. Since I am not able to buy the entrance ticket for Running Man showcase, I will buy this tee.. But I still hesitate whether I should buy with name tag or not??

No comments:

Post a Comment